- The BIBAs are open to any business based in the County of Lancashire (post Local Government Act of 1972)
- Entries are treated in confidence but will be shared with a select group of individuals for judging purposes only.
- All entries must be submitted via www.thebibas.co.uk using the appropriate application form.
- A maximum of five attachments (e.g. tables, graphs or photos) may be included with the entry form. These attachments must be image files (jpg, pdf, word, excel png or tif) and must not exceed 5MB in total. Any attachments that exceed the permitted allowance or exceed the permitted file size will be deleted.
- If a category is focused specifically on achievement in the past 12 months, this refers to activity dating back to January 2019.
- All finalists must commit to attend the BIBAs ceremony – please click here to reserve your tickets.
- Entering more than one category is allowed and encouraged, provided you meet the category criteria.
- All entries will be automatically acknowledged. Applicants are advised to check all mail filters and add email@example.com to their safe-senders list. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 15 minutes of submitting your entry please contact 01772 653000 option 1 for assistance.
- Entries arriving after the closing date deadline will not be accepted unless previously agreed with the organisers.
- Applicants must be authorised to enter their organisation into the awards programme.
- Entries should be in English and should submitted online via the official website – please check all entries must be checked for spelling and grammar.
- Should a category not receive sufficient entries, it will be withdrawn from the Awards programme.
- Companies from any sector and of any size and age can enter. The BIBAs are the only all-encompassing business awards that are able to consider micro-businesses against PLCs and allow them to compete on a level playing field. There is one category which is excluded from self nomination – Lancastrian of the Year selected for Lifetime Achievement.
- All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Details will not be disclosed to any outside party. Any financial information provided will also be treated in the strictest confidence and will not be disclosed to anyone other than the panel of judges. All information will be confidentially disposed of post competition.
- Award winners and finalists will be issued with an official logo which may be used in advertising/promotional activity (following second interview/winners following the ceremony).
- All businesses are encouraged to attend the BIBAs ceremony regardless of any status in the competition.
- All finalists must agree to be represented at the awards ceremony. To reserve your table/tickets please click here.
- Winners will be announced at the BIBAs award ceremony at Blackpool Tower’s Ballroom on Friday 11th September 2020.
- Cancellations for places at the BIBAs ceremony must be received in writing no later than 28 days prior to the ceremony for a refund to be considered. Cancellations received less than 28 days prior to the ceremony will not be possible and the full amount will be chargeable. Tickets for the ceremony are limited and always sell out…
- The Judges will be representatives from each of the sponsors and guest judges, who are well respected experts in their field.
- The Judges reserve the right to move your application to another category or to add you to another category; you will be contacted if this is the case.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no feedback will be given.
- By entering these awards, you agree to our business partners and sponsors having access to your contact details.
- By entering the awards, you agree to partake in publicity of the awards including the use of any images taken.
Furthermore, if selected as a finalist, you accept and agree that The BIBAs may use or publish any photographs, comments or evidence submitted in the Awards programme.
- Sponsors are not permitted to enter the BIBAs.
- Judges are not permitted to enter the BIBAs.
Judging your application
Eligibility and Quality Test – round 1
Following the closing date, your application(s) will undergo an eligibility check and will be scored against a set of robust bench marking standards by a sifting panel.
The sifting-panel reserve the right to highlight relevant categories that suit applications with a view to recognising the business in that category. Applicants will be contacted to confirm acceptance.
All application forms will be scored out of 100 by a sifting panel. Only the 12 top scoring applications will go onto the next round (Shortlist interviews).
All shortlisted applicants will be informed. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by close of business the same day. The shortlist will not be published.
If you are shortlisted you must be available to attend an interview on the dates specified for each category you enter, you can check all the important dates here.
Shortlist Interviews – round 2
This stage is classified as the shortlist stage where up to a maximum of twelve businesses in each category will be invited to a shortlist interview(s), the dates for which are here.
In normal circumstances, entries will be judged at a face to face interview by an independent and impartial panel of judges.
Due to the current government restrictions, interviews will be conducted via video.
The shortlist interview will be scored out of 100.
The judges’ score will be based on the performance at interview(s). An applicant’s previous track record in the competition (whether successful or not) will have no relevance on the outcome of the decision. All interview sessions will last for a maximum of 1 hour.
Questions to the applicant will be relevant and appropriate and only relate to the judging criteria contained on the judging score sheet. The judging panel will only sit on the day in question. Failure to attend an interview will automatically result in the applicant being eliminated from that category – interviews cannot be re-arranged under any circumstances.
Your score will then be added to your application score.