Every business or organisaiton that enters the BIBAs is different.
Some are very large, others very small, and they come from a range of industry sectors across the whole of Lancashire.
But looking back over the years, they all share certain key characteristics:
1. Vision: They all tend to have a clear and compelling vision of where they want their business to go, and they are able to communicate that vision to the judges but also their everyday stakeholders.
2. Innovation: They are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things, and they are not afraid to take risks and try new approaches. Even though we have a dedicated category for innovation, we still see evidence of it in the other categories.
3. Resilience: They are determined and persistent, and they don’t give up easily when faced with obstacles or setbacks. BIBAs winners consistently demonstrate resilience.
4. Adaptability: They are able to adapt to changing market conditions and customer needs, and they are not afraid to pivot their business strategy when necessary.
5. Customer focus: They prioritise the needs of their customers and are constantly looking for ways to improve the customer experience. Again, although we have a dedicated award category for this, we excellence in service delivery shines through in all other categories.
6. Team building: They are skilled at building and managing high-performing teams, and they understand the importance of investing in their people.
7. Financial acumen: They have a solid understanding of financial management and are able to make sound financial decisions that support the long-term growth of their business.
8. Corporate social responsibility: They are committed to making a positive impact in their community and beyond, and they are proactive in their efforts to give back and support causes they believe in whilst supporting local jobs and seeking to maximise their supply chain spend in the county.
Recognise any of your own traits in there? Maybe you’ll be a winner this year too then!