Please familiarise yourself with the following rules before submitting your award entry
1. The BIBAs are open to any business based in the County of Lancashire (post Local Government Act of 1972)
2. If a category is focused specifically on achievement in the past 12 months, this refers to activity dating back to January 2017.
3. All finalists must commit to attend the BIBAs ceremony – please click here to reserve your tickets
4. Entering more than one category is allowed, provided you meet the category criteria.
5. All entries will be automatically acknowledged.
6. Entries arriving after the closing date deadline will not be accepted unless previously agreed with the organisers.
7. Following the closing date, your application(s) will be undergo an eligibility check and will be scored against a set of robust bench marking standards.
8. Up to a maximum of twelve businesses in each category will be invited to a shortlist interview(s), the dates for which are here.
9. All shortlisted applicants will be informed. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by close of business the same day. The shortlist will be published to the press.
10. If you are shortlisted you must be available to attend an interview on the dates specified for each category you enter, you can check all the key dates here.
11. From the first interview sessions, judges will draw up a list of finalists (maximum 8 per category).
13. If from the shortlist you are selected as a finalist you must also be available for a second interview. The second interview will take place at your business premises.
14. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No employee of North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, Judge or sponsors shall be entitled to enter. Judging notes
- The judges’ decision will be based on the quality of the application and the performance at interview(s). An applicant’s previous track record in the competition (whether successful or not) will have no relevance on the outcome of the decision. The judges’ decision is final. In the event of a split decision the Chair of the judging panel will have the casting vote. All interview sessions will last for a maximum of 30 minutes – no visual presentations are permitted.
- Questions to the applicant will be relevant and appropriate and only relate to the judging criteria contained in the judging score sheet. The judging panel will only sit on the day in question. Failure to attend an interview will automatically result in the applicant being eliminated from that category – interviews cannot be re-arranged under any circumstances.
- Winners of each category will be decided on the second interview prior to closing the judging session. The judging panel will not disclose details of the winners or finalists prior to the award ceremony taking place. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Details will not be disclosed to any outside party.
15. Winners will be announced at the BIBAs award ceremony at Blackpool Tower’s Ballroom on Friday 14th September.
16. Award winners and finalists will be issued with an official logo which may be used in advertising/promotional activity (following second interview / winners following the ceremony).
17. Companies from any sector and of any size and age can enter. These are the only all-encompassing business awards that are able to consider micro-businesses against PLCs and allow them to compete on a level playing field. There is one category which is excluded from self nomination – Lancastrian of the Year selected for Lifetime Achievement
18. The sifting-panel reserve the right to highlight relevant categories that suit applications with a view to recognising the business in that category. Applicants will be contacted to confirm acceptance.
19. All businesses are encouraged to attend the BIBAs ceremony regardless of any status in the competition.
20. Cancellations for the BIBAs ceremony must be received in writing no later than 28 days prior to the ceremony for a refund to be considered. Cancellations received less than 28 days prior to the ceremony will not be possible and the full amount will be chargeable. Tickets for the ceremony are limited and always sell out.